NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

If you can be disappointed in train wrecks......

The Rivals of Versailles: A Novel (The Mistresses of Versailles Trilogy) - Sally Christie
I received an advanced copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley. All of the opinions are my own.

I am actually kind of disappointed that this book wasn't as much of a train wreck as the previous novel, The Sisters of Versailles.

First I would just like to say that if the author had filled her books with the kind of writing talent she displayed in the last chapter of this novel, her books would be five star reads for me.

The women in this book are just as one dimensional as they were before. They are all a bunch of brainless magpies. Sex and fancy things are the greatest motivators of the 18th century apparently. Diane was back in all her moronic glory. Older doesn't always make for wiser. Ugh. Just ugh. I've never actually seen the show Reign but I imagine it watches much like this book reads. Very young adult.

The only reason I accepted a copy of this book was because I didn't think it could be any worse than the previous novel. Surely Madame de Pompadour is a much more interesting character than all of the Nesle sisters. Madame de Pompadour was a fascinating woman. All of the proof you need for that can be found here http://thehistorychicks.com/episode-1...

I will not be picking up book three. I just don't think I can subject myself to that again.