NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
For the Winner
Emily Hauser
The Boleyn King - Laura Andersen
I am not typically a fan of historical fiction that completely stretches the truth so it fits the author's desired story. History by itself is interesting enough without twisting the truth. This book falls under the category of something completely different. I can't get mad about the historical inaccuracies of a "what if" book. I loved this take on history. The idea of a prince of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn is a fascinating idea. The only criticism of this book I have is the way in which Anne Boleyn was used.Spoiler Alert. Anne Boleyn's one goal was to give Henry VIII a son, I have a hard time believing she would just fade into the background once Henry was dead and her son was king. I must say I loved the way in which George Boleyn was written. I feel popular culture has lately made him out to be some kind of moronic, sexual deviant. I love this brilliantly, cunning George Boleyn. A George Boleyn who truly deserves to be the brother of Anne Boleyn and the ancestor of the Dukes of Norfolk.