Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages
The Boleyn King - Laura Andersen
I am not typically a fan of historical fiction that completely stretches the truth so it fits the author's desired story. History by itself is interesting enough without twisting the truth. This book falls under the category of something completely different. I can't get mad about the historical inaccuracies of a "what if" book. I loved this take on history. The idea of a prince of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn is a fascinating idea. The only criticism of this book I have is the way in which Anne Boleyn was used.Spoiler Alert. Anne Boleyn's one goal was to give Henry VIII a son, I have a hard time believing she would just fade into the background once Henry was dead and her son was king. I must say I loved the way in which George Boleyn was written. I feel popular culture has lately made him out to be some kind of moronic, sexual deviant. I love this brilliantly, cunning George Boleyn. A George Boleyn who truly deserves to be the brother of Anne Boleyn and the ancestor of the Dukes of Norfolk.