Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Robert Beatty
The First Man in Rome
Colleen McCullough
Progress: 258/1076 pages
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

I'm going to end up like that cat

The Virgin's Spy: A Tudor Legacy Novel (Tudor Legacy Trilogy Book 2) - Laura Andersen
I received an advanced copy of this novel from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't that impressed with The Virgin's Daughter: A Tudor Legacy Novel. Why then did I pick up the next novel? Curiosity is such a terrible trait. I really just want to see if this trilogy will end how I envision it ended. The previous trilogy did and I want to see if i can go two for two.

I found so much potential in The Boleyn King. Seriously? What Tudor enthusiast doesn't envision what would have happened if Anne Boleyn had produced Henry VIII's son? I thought the writing was excellent. It wrote just like an episode of The Tudors (with about the same amount of historical accuracy). These latest novels which follow the what-ifs of Elizabeth just aren't doing it for me. The characters of the next generation of Tudors and Courtenays just fall flat for me. This novel especially felt rushed and disjointed