NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Iron King
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

He's not Bono!

The Sword of Summer - Rick Riordan

The Scandinavian in me wanted to love this book. The avid reading in me just couldn't love this book, which is a little sad because I adore Percy Jackson and his friends. Character names and places are different but the story really isn't. Magnus is just a Percy Jackson/Jason Grace hybrid. Blitzen is just a well-dressed Grover. Sam is a poor substitute for Annabeth. This is the first time I have finished a Riordan novel and not been edge of my seat excited for the next book in the series. Hopefully the coming Apollo books provide a little of what Magnus seems to be missing.