NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
For the Winner
Emily Hauser

Rant #1

I love UPS' delivery notifications. It means what while I am nearly an hour away from home listening to four girls scream at each other while trying to console a screaming infant, I can look and see that a package has been delivered to my front step. Since most of the packages delivered to my house contain books, it's usually quite an exciting event. Not so much today.

My favorite part is how the big orange "INSPECTED" sticker is stuck on right next to the rip. Seriously? I didn't order used. I ordered new. Seriously? Of course, Amazon says they don't have any other new copies of this particular book. This means I am suppose to send back my book so I can get a full refund. Now I am in full tantrum mode. A tantrum that will give both my four year olds a run for their money. I WANT MY BOOK! I don't want to send it back for a full refund. I want a NEW book with a jacket that isn't ripped. Is that really so much to ask? Ugh. This is a good reason to open a new bottle of wine, right?