Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages
Wars of the Roses: Margaret of Anjou - Conn Iggulden
There was something missing from this book. Not the various women sitting at home popping out babies and pining for their men. Plenty of books on the Wars of the Roses feature those women. This book was missing the perspectives from the previous novel. In Stormbird the reader was introduced to various peasants living in the English and French countryside while the French and English armies rampaged around them. I missed those perspectives here. I missed Derry Brewer.

For a book with Margaret of Anjou's name in the title, she sure wasn't a very impressive character. I was expecting a little more depth from the woman called the "She-Wolf of France".

Iggulden's battle scenes are well-written and engaging. For the battle scenes alone I find myself waiting for the next installment.