NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
Wars of the Roses: Margaret of Anjou - Conn Iggulden
There was something missing from this book. Not the various women sitting at home popping out babies and pining for their men. Plenty of books on the Wars of the Roses feature those women. This book was missing the perspectives from the previous novel. In Stormbird the reader was introduced to various peasants living in the English and French countryside while the French and English armies rampaged around them. I missed those perspectives here. I missed Derry Brewer.

For a book with Margaret of Anjou's name in the title, she sure wasn't a very impressive character. I was expecting a little more depth from the woman called the "She-Wolf of France".

Iggulden's battle scenes are well-written and engaging. For the battle scenes alone I find myself waiting for the next installment.