Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, Book 2 The Hammer of Thor
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

About that wheel house

Outlander  - Diana Gabaldon
Ever since I purchased this book, I have found excuse after excuse not to read it. In an effort to purge my overflowing bookcases, I decided to buckle down and read it. So much for purging. Now I feel the need to go buy eight more books after finishing this one.

Yes, it's trashy. Yes, trashy is well out of my wheel house. However, with this book, I didn't care about the trash. It took me a little bit to get over the whole [ Claire- has- no- problem- jumping- into- marriage -with -a -man- who- isn't- her- husband -and- then -continuing- to- bonk- him- at- every- given- opportunity- while- thinking -about -her -other- husband- thing (I do realize I have just committed a grammatical crime of epic proportions. Too bad. I don't care.)  That aside, I enjoyed this book so much more than I thought I would. I suddenly have a wicked desire to travel to Scotland and use my red hair as a way to pass myself off as a native.