NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Sarah Dunant
SPOILER ALERT!

About that wheel house

Outlander  - Diana Gabaldon
Ever since I purchased this book, I have found excuse after excuse not to read it. In an effort to purge my overflowing bookcases, I decided to buckle down and read it. So much for purging. Now I feel the need to go buy eight more books after finishing this one.

Yes, it's trashy. Yes, trashy is well out of my wheel house. However, with this book, I didn't care about the trash. It took me a little bit to get over the whole [ Claire- has- no- problem- jumping- into- marriage -with -a -man- who- isn't- her- husband -and- then -continuing- to- bonk- him- at- every- given- opportunity- while- thinking -about -her -other- husband- thing (I do realize I have just committed a grammatical crime of epic proportions. Too bad. I don't care.)  That aside, I enjoyed this book so much more than I thought I would. I suddenly have a wicked desire to travel to Scotland and use my red hair as a way to pass myself off as a native.