Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Robert Beatty
The First Man in Rome
Colleen McCullough
Progress: 258/1076 pages
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

Because sometimes you have to be an adult

It is my favorite time of day at my house. Nap time. Double trouble is sleeping (or suppose to be sleeping). My oldest is on a week long camping excursion with the in-laws. It is the ideal opportunity to sit down with a big cup of coffee (or maybe tea) and finish the last 100 pages in my book. A person can dream right?

This is what I am suppose to be doing right now.

I say suppose to because clearly what I am actually doing is procrastinating by writing a blog post that has actually little impact on anything. Hey, at least I have coffee.

We are going on vacation tomorrow. Maybe some people are capable of loading their kids and/or significant other in a car and going. I'm not some people. A vacation requires planning and lists. There are three more lists in my bedroom detailing the clothes and various personal supplies needed by each person including the daughter that isn't even home. I have to anticipate she might need something. She's been camping for more than a week. I don't think she even knows when the last time was she bathed properly. Gross.

None of these lists are more important than this list:

I'm going to be stuck in a vehicle for anywhere from 8-12 hours. What else am I suppose to do with that time? Have deep meaningful conversations with my husband? The most meaningful conversation we are likely to have is going to be the one where I remind him for the millionth time that driving is more important than checking his e-mail or responding to a text from some incompetent boob at work.

This leads me to an important question. What is your favorite book you have ever read while on vacation? I can't remember the last vacation I took so I don't have an answer for that question.