NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

Because sometimes you have to be an adult

It is my favorite time of day at my house. Nap time. Double trouble is sleeping (or suppose to be sleeping). My oldest is on a week long camping excursion with the in-laws. It is the ideal opportunity to sit down with a big cup of coffee (or maybe tea) and finish the last 100 pages in my book. A person can dream right?

This is what I am suppose to be doing right now.

I say suppose to because clearly what I am actually doing is procrastinating by writing a blog post that has actually little impact on anything. Hey, at least I have coffee.

We are going on vacation tomorrow. Maybe some people are capable of loading their kids and/or significant other in a car and going. I'm not some people. A vacation requires planning and lists. There are three more lists in my bedroom detailing the clothes and various personal supplies needed by each person including the daughter that isn't even home. I have to anticipate she might need something. She's been camping for more than a week. I don't think she even knows when the last time was she bathed properly. Gross.

None of these lists are more important than this list:

I'm going to be stuck in a vehicle for anywhere from 8-12 hours. What else am I suppose to do with that time? Have deep meaningful conversations with my husband? The most meaningful conversation we are likely to have is going to be the one where I remind him for the millionth time that driving is more important than checking his e-mail or responding to a text from some incompetent boob at work.

This leads me to an important question. What is your favorite book you have ever read while on vacation? I can't remember the last vacation I took so I don't have an answer for that question.