Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Robert Beatty
The First Man in Rome
Colleen McCullough
Progress: 258/1076 pages
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

You should probably pass on this if you are a Philippa Gregory fan

This article about one Philippa Gregory (who is far from my favorite author but deserves credit for my interest in the Tudor-era. However, most of the credit should go to Henry Cavill *sigh*) came across my news feed on Facebook today. I snorted hot coffee up my nose. It was totally worth it.

The article left me with a few questions:

Does this mean she's also going to take a stand against the use of zippers in costumes said to represent 15th century dress?

Does this mean she does actually knows what a historical fact is?

Is she planning on actually using historical facts in her future books? She's got room for some facts once she gets rid of that one line you know she's going to repeat over and over and over and over and....you get the point.