NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

Not your average Ancient Egypt

Year of the Hyenas: A Novel of Murder in Ancient Egypt - Brad Geagley
So many novels about Ancient Egypt focus on life within the royal court or royal harem. This novel was a pleasant departure for from glittering drama of a royal court. While the Pharaoh and his wives are never far from the plot of the novel, the main focus is on the tomb builder village. I have seen several documentaries featuring archaeologists and historians discussing how these tomb building villages work but I've never taken the time to read about these village. This novel gives the reader a look into the lives of the people who lived in these villages. As it turns out, they aren't any less dramatic than the royals.

The plot of the novel did take some time to get rolling but once it did, it was a nonstop ride.