NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
The Sekhmet Bed - L.M. Ironside, Libbie Hawker

I enjoy books that explore little known historical eras. This book certainly fits the bill. Most people when the they think of Ancient Egypt think of figures like Cleopatra, Tutankhamen, or Nefertiti. I think Hatsheput is building momentum. This novel, focusing on her mother, certainly helps bring Hatsheput to the forefront. I would have liked a little less soap opera. Granted when two sisters share a husband (like so many Egyptian royals), there's bound to be drama but after a while the whole thing seemed rather over the top. It was like Linda Evans and Jackie Collins in the desert.

Edit:

The above brief review was written in 2015 after reading this book. I was excited to continue on with this series as I thought there was a great deal of potential. However, the author decided she needed to throw a tantrum in a group I am a member of on Group Reads. She thought herself above the moderators' rules and when she was called out, decided to act like any reasonable four year old would. She wrote a blog post that rivaled any tantrum my children have ever thrown. She then proceeded to call on her fan base to report the group and have the moderators removed from Goodreads all together. Unfortunately for this author, she messed with the wrong Goodreads group. Her campaign was not successful. The members of the offended group were successful in their efforts to have the ridiculous post removed and the group continues to thrive. Based on these actions, I have decided that no matter how interesting I think any of Ms. Hawker's books might sound, I will not be reading any of her work.