NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
SPOILER ALERT!
Raiders of the Nile - Steven Saylor
I found this adventure featuring Gordianus (he's not quite "the Finder" yet) a little weak compared to the previous two novels I read. I found parts of the novel to be brilliant and other parts to be on the boring side.

My favorite character in this novel wasn't even human.  Cheelba is a tame lion used to terrify potential new members of the Cuckoo's Gang. The bandits dress the poor lion in a garish costume to make him appear to be a terrifying beast of mythical proportions. In reality, he's just a big kitten with a toothache. I loved this lion. Along with being The Finder, I am starting to think of Gordianus as some kind of collector (you know like from Guardians of the Galaxy. sort of).

There was a point in the novel where I figured out why I like Gordianus so much. He reminds me a little bit of Ezio from the Assassin's Creed games. Of course we don't see Gordianus running around jumping from ledges and putting a blade through the back of unsuspecting victims but he's got a personality that reminds me of Ezio. The whole initiation into the Cuckoo's Gang seemed like a plot right out of an Assassin's Creed game.

The twist at the end of the novel was excellent. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. Sometimes that's alright. I had started to guess how things were gong to work out towards the middle of the novel. For once, I'm glad I was wrong. Clearly Saylor is a better writer than I am. Ok, that's not even a contest. I have no published work.