Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The First Man in Rome
Colleen McCullough
Progress: 258/1076 pages
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 258 out of 420 pages.

War of the Roses: Bloodline (The Wars of the Roses) - Conn Iggulden

Iggulden's battle scenes in this novel are some of the best I have read outside of anything featuring Cornwell's Uhtred.

"Warwick could only watch as the king stalked forward, in balance, untiring. No one wanted to face the king any longer. There was something savage about him, leonine or lupine. Warwick shuddered as he struggled just to breathe and keep up. He no longer had any doubts that Edward was fit to be king. He had the bloodline and he was a Goliath on the battlefield. Empires had been built on less." pg 194

"To Warwick's surprise, Edward was grinning, lifted by some dark delight. His armor was spattered with mud and blood, his surcoat stained red over the royal ions. Yet in that moment, in his youth and grief and anger, Warwick knew Edward had never experienced such untrammeled joy. He was drunk on violence." pg 196

I think I'm in love with King Edward. Not that little blond boy from The White Queen television series. A King Edward who looks an awful lot like Khal Drogo.