NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

Reading progress update: I've read 258 out of 420 pages.

War of the Roses: Bloodline (The Wars of the Roses) - Conn Iggulden

Iggulden's battle scenes in this novel are some of the best I have read outside of anything featuring Cornwell's Uhtred.

"Warwick could only watch as the king stalked forward, in balance, untiring. No one wanted to face the king any longer. There was something savage about him, leonine or lupine. Warwick shuddered as he struggled just to breathe and keep up. He no longer had any doubts that Edward was fit to be king. He had the bloodline and he was a Goliath on the battlefield. Empires had been built on less." pg 194

"To Warwick's surprise, Edward was grinning, lifted by some dark delight. His armor was spattered with mud and blood, his surcoat stained red over the royal ions. Yet in that moment, in his youth and grief and anger, Warwick knew Edward had never experienced such untrammeled joy. He was drunk on violence." pg 196

I think I'm in love with King Edward. Not that little blond boy from The White Queen television series. A King Edward who looks an awful lot like Khal Drogo.