Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages

I know he's not real.

I'm currently reading Conn Iggulden's third installment of his Wars of the Roses series, Bloodlines. I'm not really sure why I'm reading this now since the fourth and final book won't release stateside until January 2017. However, here I am reading it and here I am in love with a fictional man child.

Iggulden's Kind Edward is masterful. I feel like Phoebe from Friends in The One with Ross' Thing when she's trying to pick between the two guys she's currently seeing. She describes Vince as burly, "So very burly". This is how I envision this King Edward. And then it dawns on me that the Edward I am currently crushing on is only 18 years old. I'm pretty sure that makes me a cougar. Edward likes his women older so I guess I have that going for me. If I had a time machine.

Edward has got me to thinking about some of my other literary boyfriends. I know they aren't real but I love them. At this point, my list is made up of three fictional men, including King Edward (this King Edward, not that puffed up blonde PG King Edward). The other two men on that list are Uhtred from Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories and Gordianus the Finder from Steven Saylor's Roma Sub Rosa series.

Now for the fun part. Your turn. Who makes your literary boyfriend list?