NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Olly Moss
Dragon's Lair
Sharon Kay Penman
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

I know he's not real.

I'm currently reading Conn Iggulden's third installment of his Wars of the Roses series, Bloodlines. I'm not really sure why I'm reading this now since the fourth and final book won't release stateside until January 2017. However, here I am reading it and here I am in love with a fictional man child.

Iggulden's Kind Edward is masterful. I feel like Phoebe from Friends in The One with Ross' Thing when she's trying to pick between the two guys she's currently seeing. She describes Vince as burly, "So very burly". This is how I envision this King Edward. And then it dawns on me that the Edward I am currently crushing on is only 18 years old. I'm pretty sure that makes me a cougar. Edward likes his women older so I guess I have that going for me. If I had a time machine.

Edward has got me to thinking about some of my other literary boyfriends. I know they aren't real but I love them. At this point, my list is made up of three fictional men, including King Edward (this King Edward, not that puffed up blonde PG King Edward). The other two men on that list are Uhtred from Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories and Gordianus the Finder from Steven Saylor's Roma Sub Rosa series.

Now for the fun part. Your turn. Who makes your literary boyfriend list?