Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

Serafina and the Black Cloak
Robert Beatty
The First Man in Rome
Colleen McCullough
Progress: 258/1076 pages
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles
Margaret George
Progress: 34/880 pages
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - J.K. Rowling, John Kerr Tiffany, Jack Thorne

I really hate to give anything about Harry Potter less than five stars but I have to this time. It was probably more the fact that I was reading a play versus a novel that just didn't do it for me. I just didn't get that sense of being lost in another world. When I read the other Harry Potter books, whether it's the first time or the fiftieth time, I get lost in the world Rowling has created. I just didn't get that feeling this time around.

I also had issue with the story. It was pretty much your run of the mill time travel story. One of the best things about Harry Potter, was the originality of it all. This just didn't feel like anything special to me.

Maybe if I were to see the play in action sometime, I might find myself feeling differently.