NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

Working on it

I should probably be over the election by now. I should but I'm not.

Let's face it, the election happens at a stupid time. A great many people are still feeling wounded and raw. Now we are expected to show up at houses or host people who want nothing more than to pour salt in our wounds. It is really hard to be cheerful and celebrate what you are thankful for when you still wake up every day wondering if this is the day the nightmare ends. That's not to say I'm not thankful for things in my life. I'm thankful every day that I am the mother of three amazing and beautiful (I'm probably baised) little girls. I just spend more time fearing for their future. And now you want me to smile and nod at the family members who are going to tell me how their straight, male, Christian way of life will finally be saved? And then you're going to add alcohol to that mix? And now I'm suppose to play nice and explain to the uneducated, narrow minded, hateful human being that his way of life was never under attack? Apologies for the rant but I have found Booklikes to be the one safe place left in this world. I feel I can put voice to my feelings here and people won't call me a whining libtard or a typical butt-hurt millennial (Which by the way is ridiculous. I barely meet the age criteria for a millennial. I'm much closer to Gen-X than millennial.)

I know I'm not the only person who feels this way. I have spent weeks now trying to gracefully verbalize my feelings. Thankfully for people like me who make f-bombs a regular part of their vocabulary, Al Gore invented the internet ;)

If, like me, the state of American affairs still has you feeling slightly depressed and angry, I encourage you to read the following blog post. If you read nothing else on the internet today, read this.

Happy Thanksgiving!