NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
For the Winner
Emily Hauser

Nothing New Here

The Confession of Katherine Howard - Suzannah Dunn

Just your typical ditzy, carefree, fun-loving, characterization of Katherine Howard. The author brought nothing new to the story. A child who was allowed to run free through her aunt's house and charmed her way to the bed of a king. We've heard it all before.

The interaction between Cramner and Cat Tilney at the end of the novel was well written. I would have liked to have seen more of the same throughout the novel. Maybe if there were a little more intriguing conversation, the author would have had less time to give the characters anachronistic nicknames.

I think I will steer clear of this author in the future. Between this novel and my attempt at, The Queen of Subtleties, I can't take her seriously as a writer of historical fiction. I didn't even make it 25 pages into The Queen of Subtleties before I threw that book in the donation box. However, if you are someone who enjoys the Tudor-era and wants a fluffy read, you will probably enjoy Dunn's work.