NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

The Largesse of the Sea Maiden: Stories
Denis Johnson
Gallows Thief
Bernard Cornwell
Tudor: Passion. Manipulation. Murder. The Story of England's Most Notorious Royal Family
Leanda de Lisle

Nothing New Here

The Confession of Katherine Howard - Suzannah Dunn

Just your typical ditzy, carefree, fun-loving, characterization of Katherine Howard. The author brought nothing new to the story. A child who was allowed to run free through her aunt's house and charmed her way to the bed of a king. We've heard it all before.

The interaction between Cramner and Cat Tilney at the end of the novel was well written. I would have liked to have seen more of the same throughout the novel. Maybe if there were a little more intriguing conversation, the author would have had less time to give the characters anachronistic nicknames.

I think I will steer clear of this author in the future. Between this novel and my attempt at, The Queen of Subtleties, I can't take her seriously as a writer of historical fiction. I didn't even make it 25 pages into The Queen of Subtleties before I threw that book in the donation box. However, if you are someone who enjoys the Tudor-era and wants a fluffy read, you will probably enjoy Dunn's work.