NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

The Iron King (The Accursed Kings #1)- Maurice Druon

The Iron King - Maurice Druon
I found this novel to be a little disappointing. It seems to come so highly recommended by people who have similar reading tastes and habits to mine. There was very little action for a novel that is said to have inspired Game of Thrones. This first novel seems to be more of a scene setter than anything else. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it does a wonderful job setting the stage and introducing the reader to France at the beginning of the 14th century. However, there just was not a whole lot going on. I'm hopeful that with the impending 100 Years' War, things will pick up in the following novels.