NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Princess Diarist
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

The Queen's Accomplice (A Maggie Hope Mystery)- Susan Elia MacNeal

The Queen's Accomplice: A Maggie Hope Mystery - Susan Elia MacNeal

On the heels of millions of women world wide, coming together to protest the fact that women are still treated like some sort of inferior species of unknown descent, I picked up this novel. I adore Maggie Hope. She may be a little anachronistic at times but I'm will to let it slide. Partially because she's a redhead and us redheads have to stick together. Mainly I let it slide because of events like yesterday. A fictional Maggie Hope was fighting nearly 80 years ago to be given rights many women still don't have today. All I can think of is the various images of women carrying signs that read "It's 2017 and I can't believe I'm still protesting this shit." Hopefully I won't have to see pictures of my eldest daughter, ten years from now at the tender age of 18, wearing a va-jay-jay hat carrying the same sign.

By the way, I thought this book was excellent.