NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
For the Winner
Emily Hauser

A Day of Fire: A Novel of Pompeii

A Day of Fire: a novel of Pompeii - Sophie Perinot, Stephanie Dray, Kate Quinn, Vicky Alvear Shecter, Ben Kane, Damon Knight

What are you doing with your Friday night?

Me?

I'm ugly crying into a giant mug of tea.

I am a sucker for anything Kate Quinn puts her name to.Outside of Kate Quinn, the only author whose work I was familiar with was Stephanie Dray. I found Dray's work to be rather forgettable. However, like I said, Kate Quinn had her name on it. Count me in. Strangely, Kate Quinn's story wasn't even my favorite.

E. Knight's story "The Mother" had me crying so hard, I had to take a reading break. It was  beautifully tragic. Easily my favorite of all the stories. I now find myself needed to seek out more of Knight's work.

I think I need to go raid my daughters' bookshelves to find something a little less dramatic and tragic. I think someone brought home a Fancy Nancy book I haven't read yet.