NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

A Day of Fire: A Novel of Pompeii

A Day of Fire: a novel of Pompeii - Sophie Perinot, Stephanie Dray, Kate Quinn, Vicky Alvear Shecter, Ben Kane, Damon Knight

What are you doing with your Friday night?

Me?

I'm ugly crying into a giant mug of tea.

I am a sucker for anything Kate Quinn puts her name to.Outside of Kate Quinn, the only author whose work I was familiar with was Stephanie Dray. I found Dray's work to be rather forgettable. However, like I said, Kate Quinn had her name on it. Count me in. Strangely, Kate Quinn's story wasn't even my favorite.

E. Knight's story "The Mother" had me crying so hard, I had to take a reading break. It was  beautifully tragic. Easily my favorite of all the stories. I now find myself needed to seek out more of Knight's work.

I think I need to go raid my daughters' bookshelves to find something a little less dramatic and tragic. I think someone brought home a Fancy Nancy book I haven't read yet.