NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

I've Been Left Unsupervised.

So the other adult in my house is away this weekend. He's at some brain-crush, brain-wave, brain-something-or-other Apple training. He won't be back until Tuesday. What's a girl to do?

Well, tonight, this girl is going to binge watch some Tudors (If you can't share your bedroom with your husband, you might as well share it with Henry Cavill, right?) and eat some Ben and Jerry's. I have to save the red wine. I forgot to replenish my stock the last time I went grocery shopping and Minnesota still has laws about Sunday liquor sales (maybe not for long).

Tomorrow I am hoping to get some free time to get ready for Read Across America next week. Hopefully that free time will involve me updating my blog with some pictures of the Dr. Seuss projects I helped put up at my elementary school. Read Across America week just might be my favorite week of the year!

Stay tuned! Lots of rhymes and nonsensical words are coming soon! While you are waiting on pin and needles for my next installment, what is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? As a kid I was a huge fan of Green Eggs and Ham. As a mother of twins, I'm a pretty big fan of Thing One and Thing Two from The Cat In the Hat. My eight year-old loves making all of the funny noises that come with Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? My four year olds are big fans of reading The Grinch Who Stole Christmas no matter what time of year it is.