NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant
For the Winner
Emily Hauser

I almost have time for summer television

An interesting tidbit came across my news feed on Facebook today.

I'm not exactly the world's biggest Charlaine Harris fan. I have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was thrilled with the series until about book four. After book four, Harris made it clear she was in it for the money, not the reader. It was the same story book after book. Sookie washed her hair. Then Sookie tanned. Then Sookie had sex. Somewhere in between somebody probably died. I decided to give the television series, True Blood a chance. The combination of  Alexander Skarsgård and Joe Manganiello couldn't keep me interested past season three.

So when I saw a news release saying another of Harris' series was getting a television show, I quickly scrolled by. Then I saw this:

You had me at François Arnaud. Damn you NBC. I almost have time for a television show this summer. I guess as long as I have reliable internet at swimming lessons I can stay caught up.