NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

I almost have time for summer television

An interesting tidbit came across my news feed on Facebook today.

I'm not exactly the world's biggest Charlaine Harris fan. I have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was thrilled with the series until about book four. After book four, Harris made it clear she was in it for the money, not the reader. It was the same story book after book. Sookie washed her hair. Then Sookie tanned. Then Sookie had sex. Somewhere in between somebody probably died. I decided to give the television series, True Blood a chance. The combination of  Alexander Skarsgård and Joe Manganiello couldn't keep me interested past season three.

So when I saw a news release saying another of Harris' series was getting a television show, I quickly scrolled by. Then I saw this:

You had me at François Arnaud. Damn you NBC. I almost have time for a television show this summer. I guess as long as I have reliable internet at swimming lessons I can stay caught up.