NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

Roma: The Novel of Ancient Rome
Steven Saylor
The Tainted Relic: An Historical Mystery
Bernard Knight, Simon Beaufort, Ian Morson, The Medieval Murderers, Susanna Gregory, Michael Jecks, Philip Gooden

Reading progress update: I've read 5%.

A Friend of Mr. Lincoln: A novel - Stephen Harrigan

American history really isn't my thing. I live here. I see it all the time. It's just not as interesting as the scandal of the Tudors. Unfortunately, I think somewhere down the line, my great-grandchildren my view this current blip of American history as horribly scandalous and fascinating for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, I needed a book about an American politician or the Civil War for Book-oploy. I don't own any books that fit that criteria. I don't have time to get to the library this week so I will have to settle for an eBook loan. The only other book the library had available is not in  the Booklikes database. So by process of elimination, this is the book I'm reading. Let's see how this goes.