NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a stay at home mom with three girls. All of the time I should spend cleaning or making things I see on Pinterest is usually spent reading instead. Pinterest can get expensive. The library is free. At least until I rack up the fines for overdue books. If I'm not reading something that interests me, I'm listening to my seven year old read to me about fairies or princesses or fairy princesses. If she's not reading to me, I'm reading to my four year old twins about Batman or Star Wars or Legos. We value diversity around here.

The Goddesses: A Novel
Swan Huntley
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
In the Name of the Family
Sarah Dunant

Summer!

In a perfect world, the best part about working at a school is the prospect of summers off.

In the real world, I work at a school. It is summer. I am currently 3 hours away from home in a completely different state. Say what?!? That's like a vacation, right? Sort of. I am staying in a fancy hotel room with no kids and no spouse. However, I'm spending two days at a conference for work. The goal is to learn new ways to implement technology into classrooms and retain that knowledge until September.

I had these grand illusions about how I was going to spend my summer tearing through my TBR and writing witty blog entries. I got an InstantPot for Mother's Day. I was excited to chronicle my efforts to learn how to use this cult device. I've used it a handful of time. I'm not as in love with as say people who own four of them and never use their ovens. However, it has it's perks. It is faster than a crock pot. I don't have to turn on my oven when it's 90 degrees outside. The downside, the bar down the road from my house is loosing business. Instead of ordering food after children have gone to bed, the other adult and I are throwing meals in the InstantPot and letting it cook while getting said children into bed.

In terms of reading this summer. Well.......... I think my eight year old has read more books than I will this summer. Right now I'm pretty grateful for American Girl books. Ideally there should be enough of them to get the child through this summer. I have no idea what I am going to do when the school year starts again. She's going to read me out of house and home.

On the bright side, I am at this conference completely by myself. No children. No spouse. No other co-workers. Just me. This means I'm not obligated to be social when I get back to my hotel room at 4:00. And if the hotel is as loud tonight as it was last night, I will be up late enough to get a lot of reading done.

How's your summer? Or maybe winter if you are on that side of the world?