NoFeet

Sorry kids, no feet.

I am a former stay-at-home mom who has given up her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional reader. I now spend my days showing small children how to play games on computers. Right now I'm living vicariously through my 9 year-old who is reading everything she can get her hands on.

After Elizabeth: The Rise of James of Scotland and the Struggle For the Throne of England
Leanda de Lisle

Girl With a Pearl Earring

Girl With a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier This was a 3.5 star read more than a four. The prose saved it. The story wasn't all that compelling but the author had a way with her writing of making you think the story was slightly more interesting than it really was. The detail the author put into describing Vermeer's method was beautiful. Without actually hearing from Vermeer, there was a hint of being in his head just by seeing Griet clean his studio and later help prepare his pigments. If not for that kind of detail, I might not have finished this novel at all. I didn't feel anything about Griet. She was just kind of there. The only character I really had any kind of feelings towards was Cornelia and none of those feelings were very nice ones.

At the end of the day, this novel served a purpose for me. I picked it up looking for something quick and easy to get through. The novel accomplished both of those things for me. Maybe I need to watch the movie. Maybe.