July Reading Wrap Up

After Elizabeth: The Rise of James of Scotland and the Struggle for the Throne of England - Leanda de Lisle The Gods of Gotham - Lyndsay Faye Bethlehem Road - Anne Perry Her Royal Spyness - Rhys Bowen The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls - Anissa Gray A Trail of Ink - Mel Starr Oksana, Behave! - Maria Kuznetsova The Pericles Commission - Gary Corby King, Kaiser, Tsar: Three Royal Cousins Who Led the World to War - Catrine Clay

July was a good reading month. I can't remember the last time I finished this many books. I was helped by the vacations and swimming lessons my children participated in. My girls are still on vacation with my in-laws for another week. Hopefully I can get some more reading done before the back to school craziness hurts.

King, Kaiser, Tsar was the most fascinating book I have read in a while. I don't know about everyone else but my public school education only glosses over WWI. Archduke Ferdinand was shot. War started. Nobody listened to Wilson when he said splitting Prussia up was a bad idea. That's about the extent of our education. This book didn't spend a ton of time dealing with WWI specifically but it did give the reader a great deal of insight to the men who helped get us to that point. I highly recommend it even if you don't have an interest in that time period.

Her Royal Spyness and The Pericles Commission were my fiction favorites. The problem with both of them is the number of books that exist in each series. Of course I needed more books on my TBR.