When the Internet is Evil

I'm trying to focus on updating a few Booklikes items. I guess if I want to do that, I should close all of my other tabs and focus. Instead I'm squirreling all over the place. I really need to stop because all it's doing is making me want to bang my head against my cheap IKEA desk.

On Facebook, where I'm a member of a book lovers' group, I'm currently engaged in a fight with someone who thinks that high school English teachers who force anyone to read anything are monsters. Seriously?!?! It's an English class. The reading is implied. That would be like me going into a high school math class and telling my teacher "I don't care if this is a math class. You can't make me learn how to solve for x." When I went to college, I did not get a degree that would require an intense math background because I knew I wouldn't be successful. Did that mean I got to avoid taking any math classes at all? Nope. Pretty sure I failed the same math class three times. My desire for the degree was stronger than my hatred of math. If you don't like being told what to do, then school in any form isn't for you. I would recommend home schooling but most places still have requirements that need to be met if you would like any kind of diploma.

On Goodreads, I moderate a group. The group is pretty much the only reason I am active on that site. We decided to give authors a change to spotlight their works. At the risk of offended a few people- I HATE SELF-PUBLISHED/INDY AUTHORS! I know. I know. You aren't all bad. But for fox sake, how hard is it to read directions? And don't yell at me because you can't follow directions? I don't own you anything. I am absolutely not obligated to allow you space to promote your work. I am a volunteer. Instead of arguing with you, I could be doing other things. Like reading.

My e-mail is also open as I am arguing with a show promoter who owes me a significant amount of money. You think the above paragraphs are long, winding rants? Don't even get me started on this lady.

And somewhere in the room, I can hear my phone. My mother has been trying to get a hold of me all morning. Apparently I said something that offended my 33 year old brother. I'm refusing to apologize.

On the bright side, Booklikes is running again. My coffee is hot. My neighbor brought me fresh donuts from the local bakery. And it's snowing again which means I don't have to feel obligated to go anywhere.

So what's everyone else been up to?

If you've made it to the end of my rant, I thank you for sticking with it. Please, feel free to have a laugh at my expense. I know if I didn't laugh at myself, this IKEA desk would be in more pieces now than it was when I put it together.